End-Time Prophecy & the War in Israel
Understanding Ezekiel 38 in Light of the Hamas attack on Israel
Properly Understanding Ezekiel 38
- Ezek 38:2 shows that this prophecy is addressed to countries to the North of Israel, “Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him.” [Many believe that this is talking about Russia. For arguments sake, let’s presume this is Russia.]
- Vs 4-7 refers to the various nations that align with ‘Russia’
- Vs 8 says “After a long time you will be summoned. In the LAST YEARS you will enter a land that HAS BEEN RESTORED FROM WAR and regathered from many peoples to the mountains of Israel, which had long been a ruin. They were brought out from the peoples, and ALL OF THEM NOW LIVE SECURELY” (CSB).
- Vs 9-11 speak about this confederation of nations attacking Isael.
- Vs 11 says “And thou shalt say, I will go up to the LAND OF UNWALLED VILLAGES; I will go to them that ARE AT REST, that DWELL SAFELY, all of them DWELLING WITHOUT WALLS, and HAVING NEITHER BARS NOR GATES” (KJV).
- Vs 14 says, “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of ISRAEL DWELLETH SAFELY, shalt thou not know it?”
- Vs 15-16 speaks about the invasion from the north.
- Vs 19 talks about the vengeance of God, “For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel.”
- Vs 22 continues about the vengeance of God, “And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, FIRE AND BRIMSTONE.”
- Ezek 39:6 Continues the theme: “And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.” The next verses speak of the final doom of these invaders of Israel.
- Israel is dwelling safely with unwalled villages and unprotected borders at which point they are attacked.
- God intervenes with Fire to stop the invaders.
- Ezek 37:15-22 we read that both Israel & Judah are united together.
- Vs 24 we read that King David is also resurrected to be King over Israel (under Christ)
- Vs 27 God’s tabernacle is again in Israel because Jesus Christ is ruling from Jerusalem.